Skip to main content

The Gap of Generations

I consider myself as an observer. Well, maybe only part time because some other times I was in my own thoughts to barely look on other people. Well, there's very thin line between observing and judging, so know the difference & focus more on the good side ^.^

Well, the story goes as this..

I was sitting alone at a cafe waiting for my lunch when my attention was somehow shifted to a table across mine where about five teenage boys were having lunch. They were not doing any extraordinary things, just that their 'styles' reminisce me of the old days. One of them was eating lunch from a plate; the plate was on his laptop; the laptop was playing anime drama. Two of them were enjoying youtube (some kind of street dancing). Others were just eating lunch & catch up each other updates. I guess they are all college students, so they should be at the peak of their adventurous desires. They were wearing loose sweaters, some jackets; its kinda cold nowadays though. Thanks to rainy season & aircond. Lolz. 

I saw freedom among those boys. Free to do their hobbies; not bound to any commitment, having friendship that they've vowed to cherish through thick & thin of lives..well, college students..who doesn't experience the free spirit during those days? I remember playing games until dawn, or watching dramas, cari makanan sedap, or just walking on the streets for hours without any purpose in certain. As long as the activity was done with BFF, then it's worth it. 

How time flies.

And then I shifted my eyes again. There were four elderly men having lunch in the cafe as well. All wore office attires with neatly ironed shirt, have less hair, some grey, and they were eating without any noise. Just focused. Ok maybe sometimes talked to each other but most of the time they were all chewing food with heads bowed to the table. Talking about working men. Bound with commitment to life, work & family, I guess sooner or later one would be more focused on current situation. Less talks, less hobbies, less hanging around freely even with BFF.

Sounds boring.

But I guess that's too subjective. That really depends on how one define life and how to live accordingly. As for me, It's been 5 years since I got my bachelor's degree..to be frank, left my college days. Entered my working days, I can only describe my early working days with this word "STRUGGLE".

I guess I was struggling between the fine line of studying and working. The fine line between fantasy and reality. To really understand the freedom of free-spirited girl to full of commitments kind of woman. To make my own life worthwhile. Maybe now I can say "STRUGGLE but SATISFIED".

I don't want to be boring though. Don't want to miss the beauty of life while chasing the worth of this present life. So here I was, having lunch and sipping my coffee while reading a romantic comedy e-novel on my Samsung Note II. Maybe if there is somebody observing also, the observer can see that I might represent both generations.

My 2 cents. Haha.

P/s: sorry for grammatical errors.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Vacay in KL

Hubby and I  went on short trip to KL on 13th - 15th March. But actually hubby was already in KL for work from 10th March so I was only followed him there on 13th. It was very short and tiring vacation but we still enjoyed the moment so much.. It was my first time arrived at Klia2, it was quite spacious but I still can find direction easily as there were enough signboards to follow.  I went directly to 1 Utama via Skybus. It took me about an hour to reach there. I went here for dinner with my sister who worked at The Curve. This kafe is located at Ikano (IPC), just opposite the The Curve building. Creative menus' book. I ordered the Traditional Mien Fen Guo. and drink the soy milk as I felt gastric was attacking :( My food! It was tasty enough, licin juga la sa makan. Hoho This was my sister's. If not mistaken, it was dried...mien. Cant recall the exact name. The sauce was perfect! After dinner

Wawasan 2020 & Covid19

Been so long since last blogging. Its 2021 now, the so called Wawasan 2020 has passed with the global pandemic Covid19 which had taken a toll economically, socially, health, death rates worldwide.  Syukur juga sa masih bekerja sebab kategori essential services, jadi masih ada demand kerja kami. Tiada pemotongan gaji walaupun ada masa kerja di rumah (WFH) dan sempat kena kuarantin juga. Syukurla semua ok. Healthwise, hari-hari sa consume Vitamin C untuk boost immune system. Semestinya Shaklee Sustained Release Vitamin C yg menjadi pilihan hati. Honestly, awal tahun 2020 sa masih beli vit C di pharmacy yg 10 biji soluble tu sebab senang dapat. Sa ada cubuk2 Shaklee Vit C tapi OOS masa tu. Lama-lama bila balik2 beli yg 10 biji tu, sa rasa sayang dari segi bajet (RM15 x 10) hanya 10 hari kalau hari2 makan. Kalau 1bulan? Rasa tidak berbaloi sungguh. Lagipun dlm fasa berjimat cermat (MCO sudah bermula) jadi berusaha cari suplemen yg BERKESAN, SELAMAT dan JIMAT.  Start Oct'20 sa consume b

Cerita Suka Duka Bisnes Shaklee

Bercampur baur perasaan bila ingat-ingat balik kenangan masa mula2 buat bisnes Shaklee. Awal-awal dulu tiada transport sendiri dan sa jarang simpan ready stock, bila ada order sa cari runner utk beli di branch & COD sm customer. Kalau jual harga non member, ada la suku atau kdg2 half profit bagi runner; belajar berbagi rezeki. Syukur jg runner yg sa pernah berurusan cukup jujur & amanah. God bless you bro! Dari penampang, ke seluruh Kota Kinabalu. Pernah juga minta runner datang ambil stok dari church sebab customer mau urgent masa tu. Bangga dgn kepelbagaian org Sabah, semua pun sporting habis.  Ada jg customer request order dulu tapi belum byr, sebab kawan2 jg jadi sa beli dulu guna duit sendiri. Sekalinya last minit cancel orderšŸ¤£ berhuhuhu sajalah dan berusaha jual balik sm org lain. Lesson learnt. Jadi jgn heran kalau sa minta payment dlu, kecuali COD lašŸ˜ Pernah dapat customer jauh dari Aussie beli bbrp kotak Nutriferon utk anak dia yg ada eczema. Tapi bila dia repeat ord